All the Maeght adventure, from the beginnings of Aimé as a worker to the creation of galleries in Paris, New York and Barcelona, then the Maeght Foundation, the friendship of artists, the life between Saint-Paul-de-Vence and Paris of a family extended to creators of all kinds, the spirit Maeght.
By commenting on exceptional archival photos, I analyze and tell the story and life of my grandfather, Aimé Maeght, a little kid from the North of France, orphan of the 14-18 war, who became a friend of the greatest artists of the twentieth century, but also one of the most important art dealers in the world, then creator of the Maeght Foundation in Saint-Paul-de-Vence.
One and a half hour conference.
- 1 hour story by commenting on archive photos
- ½ hour debate with the public
The contents :
Aimé Maeght, a builder friend of artists
- A lithographer worker from Nîmes to Cannes
- Decisive encounters, Bonnard, Matisse, Braque
- The Surrealists, poets and writers, Duchamp, Breton, Prévert, Malraux…
Publisher and gallery owner
- A gallery in Paris, Chagall, Kandinsky, Léger…
- A new generation, Giacometti, Miró, Calder, Tàpies,
- Aimé Maeght, a bibliophile publisher - Limited edition artists' books
- The artist/writer relationship
The Marguerite and Aimé Maeght Foundation
- A place created for artists, with artists
- Foundation Nights, music, theater
- The Maeght spirit
- The current situation