Conferences Yoyo Maeght - The Maeght Saga NEW
The whole Maeght adventure, from Aimé's beginnings as a worker to the creation of galleries in Paris, New York and Barcelona, then the Maeght Foundation, the friendship of artists, life between Saint-Paul-de-Vence and Paris d an extended family of creators of all kinds, the Maeght spirit.
March 9 at 5 p.m. - Bordeaux - ICART 8 parvis des Chartrons - Free admission
March 14 to 16 - Taroudant - Master class with Thierry Lefort
March 24 at 6 p.m. - Saint Etienne - Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art MAMC - Free admission by reservation: email@example.com
By commenting on exceptional archive photos, I analyze and tell the story and the life of my grandfather, Aimé Maeght, a little kid from the North, an orphan of the war of 14-18 who became a friend of the greatest artists of the 20th century, but also one of the most important art dealers in the world, then creator of the Maeght Foundation in Saint-Paul-de-Vence.
One and a half hour conference.
- 1 hour story by commenting on archive photos
- ½ hour debate with the public
The contents :
Aimé Maeght, a builder friend of artists
- A lithographer worker from Nîmes to Cannes
- Decisive encounters, Bonnard, Matisse, Braque
- The Surrealists, poets and writers, Duchamp, Breton, Prévert, Malraux…
Publisher and gallery owner
- A gallery in Paris, Chagall, Kandinsky, Léger…
- A new generation, Giacometti, Miró, Calder, Tàpies,
- Aimé Maeght, a bibliophile publisher - Limited edition artists' books
- The artist/writer relationship
The Marguerite and Aimé Maeght Foundation
- A place created for artists, with artists
- Foundation Nights, music, theater
- The Maeght spirit
- The current situation